Admit Achievers

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the benefits of choosing a course from Green List?


In New Zealand, the Green List refers to a list of priority courses that are considered strategically important for the country’s economic and social development. Choosing a course from the Green List can offer several benefits:

  1. Post-Study Work Opportunities: Students who complete their studies in courses from the Green List may have better post-study work opportunities. The New Zealand government recognizes the importance of these courses for the country’s workforce needs and may provide favorable work visa options or pathways for graduates in these fields.
  2. Job Market Demand: Green List courses are selected based on the current and projected job market demand in New Zealand. By choosing a course from the Green List, you increase your chances of studying in a field where there is a high demand for skilled professionals. This can enhance your employability prospects upon graduation.
  3. Industry Relevance: Green List courses are aligned with industries that are deemed crucial for New Zealand’s economic growth and development. These courses are designed to provide relevant skills and knowledge that are in demand by employers in those industries. Studying a Green List course can equip you with industry-relevant qualifications, increasing your chances of finding employment in your chosen field.
  4. Immigration Pathways: The New Zealand government may provide certain immigration pathways or incentives for graduates of Green List courses. This can include streamlined visa processes, extended work permits, or eligibility for specific immigration programs. These pathways can make it easier for you to transition from study to work or to obtain a visa for further stay in New Zealand.
  5. Networking and Industry Connections: Green List courses often have strong ties with industry partners, professional associations, and employers. This can provide you with networking opportunities, internships, industry placements, and access to job opportunities. Building connections within your chosen industry during your studies can significantly enhance your career prospects.

It’s important to note that while choosing a course from the Green List can provide these benefits, it is still essential to select a course that aligns with your interests, skills, and long-term career goals. Conduct thorough research on the course curriculum, job prospects, and the reputation of the educational institution before making your decision.


What are the best work options available?

New Zealand offers a range of work options for both residents and international individuals. Here are some of the best work options available in the country:

  1. Skilled Employment: New Zealand has skill shortages in various sectors such as healthcare, engineering, IT, construction, and trades. If you have qualifications and experience in these high-demand areas, you have good prospects of finding skilled employment. You can search for job opportunities on online job portals, company websites, and through recruitment agencies.
  2. Entrepreneurship and Startups: New Zealand has a supportive environment for entrepreneurs and startups. If you have an innovative business idea and the skills to execute it, you can explore opportunities to start your own business in New Zealand. The country offers programs and resources to support entrepreneurial ventures and encourage innovation.
  3. Hospitality and Tourism: New Zealand is known for its stunning landscapes and thriving tourism industry. Hospitality and tourism-related jobs, such as hospitality management, tour guiding, hotel operations, and restaurant management, can provide excellent employment opportunities, especially in popular tourist destinations.
  4. Agriculture and Farming: With its strong agricultural sector, New Zealand offers opportunities for employment in farming, horticulture, viticulture, and other related fields. These industries often require seasonal workers and offer opportunities for hands-on experience in the rural environment.
  5. Education and Teaching: If you have a background in education or teaching, there are opportunities to work in New Zealand’s education sector. This includes teaching roles in schools, colleges, universities, or working in educational support services.
  6. Healthcare and Nursing: New Zealand has a demand for healthcare professionals, particularly in nursing and allied health fields. Qualified healthcare workers can explore job opportunities in hospitals, clinics, aged care facilities, and community health centers.
  7. Information Technology (IT): The IT sector in New Zealand is growing rapidly, creating a demand for skilled professionals in areas such as software development, cybersecurity, data analysis, and digital marketing. If you have expertise in IT, there are job opportunities available in major cities like Auckland and Wellington.

It’s important to research the specific industry, understand the requirements and qualifications needed for your desired work option, and stay updated on any work visa or permit requirements. You can explore job vacancies through online job portals, industry-specific websites, and professional networks. Additionally, consulting with recruitment agencies or attending job fairs and networking events can help you in your job search.

Can I apply for work permit after studies?

Yes, as an international student in New Zealand, you can apply for a work permit or a post-study work visa after completing your studies. The specific work permit you can apply for will depend on various factors, including the duration and level of your studies, the type of qualification you have obtained, and the job opportunities available to you.

Here are the main options available for post-study work permits in New Zealand:

  1. Post-Study Work Visa (Open): This visa allows you to work in any job for up to 12 months after completing your studies in New Zealand. It is available for students who have completed a qualification at Level 7 or above on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
  2. Post-Study Work Visa (Employer Assisted): This visa allows you to work in a specific job for up to two years after completing your studies in New Zealand. It is available for students who have completed a qualification at Level 4-6 on the NZQF and have a job offer that is relevant to their qualification.
  3. Skilled Migrant Category: If you have obtained a qualification and job offer that meet the requirements of the Skilled Migrant Category, you may be eligible to apply for a resident visa, which allows you to live and work in New Zealand permanently.

It’s important to note that the immigration policies and requirements may change over time, so it’s advisable to check the official website of Immigration New Zealand or consult with the New Zealand embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding post-study work permits and visas.

Which are the best cities to study in New Zealand?

New Zealand offers several cities that provide excellent opportunities for studying, with a combination of quality education institutions, a vibrant student life, and a welcoming environment. Here are some of the best cities to study in New Zealand:

  1. Auckland: Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city and a popular destination for international students. It is home to prestigious universities and offers a wide range of courses and programs. Auckland provides a multicultural atmosphere, diverse entertainment options, and a thriving arts and cultural scene.
  2. Wellington: Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand, is known for its vibrant and creative atmosphere. It houses top-ranked universities and is recognized for its excellence in arts, humanities, and social sciences. Wellington offers a compact and walkable city center, a lively café culture, and numerous cultural events and festivals.
  3. Christchurch: Christchurch is a city renowned for its natural beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities. It is home to several leading universities and institutes, particularly in areas like engineering, technology, and environmental studies. Christchurch has a strong sense of community and offers a unique blend of urban living and access to nearby natural wonders.
  4. Dunedin: Dunedin is a charming city known for its historic architecture and rich cultural heritage. It is home to the University of Otago, one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious universities. Dunedin offers a vibrant student scene, a range of outdoor activities, and a close-knit community.
  5. Hamilton: Located in the North Island, Hamilton is a thriving city with a strong education sector. The city is home to the University of Waikato, which is renowned for its research and teaching excellence. Hamilton offers a relaxed lifestyle, affordable living costs, and proximity to natural attractions like the famous Hobbiton movie set.

When choosing a city to study in New Zealand, consider factors such as the reputation of the educational institutions, the availability of courses and programs that align with your interests, the cost of living, and the lifestyle and cultural offerings that match your preferences. Each of these cities has its unique advantages and offers a high-quality educational experience.

What are prerequisites to apply New Zealand study visa ?

Here are the general prerequisites for applying for a study visa in New Zealand:

  1. Offer of Acceptance: You must have an offer of acceptance from a recognized educational institution in New Zealand. This means you need to apply and receive an acceptance letter from a New Zealand university, college, or school before applying for a study visa.
  2. Proof of Financial Support: You need to provide evidence that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs associated with studying in New Zealand. This can be in the form of bank statements, sponsorship letters, scholarships, or other financial documents.
  3. Health and Travel Insurance: You must have health insurance that meets New Zealand’s requirements for the duration of your stay. Additionally, you may need to undergo a medical examination or provide a medical certificate depending on your length of stay and country of origin.
  4. Character Requirements: You are required to meet certain character requirements to obtain a study visa. This includes providing a police certificate or similar documentation to prove that you have good character and do not pose a security risk.
  5. English Language Proficiency: Most institutions in New Zealand require proof of English language proficiency. You may need to provide test scores from recognized English language tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic.
  6. Proof of Genuine Intentions: You need to demonstrate that you genuinely intend to study in New Zealand and that you have a clear study plan. This can be achieved by providing a statement of purpose, educational transcripts, and any relevant work experience or qualifications.
  7. Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport that is valid for at least three months beyond the intended duration of your stay in New Zealand.

It’s important to note that the specific requirements for a study visa can vary depending on factors such as your country of citizenship, the duration of your course, and the specific visa category you are applying for. It is recommended to check the official website of Immigration New Zealand or consult with the New Zealand embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding study visa requirements.


How to choose the right UG program as a PCM student?

As a PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) student, choosing the right undergraduate program involves considering your interests, strengths, career aspirations, and the potential for future growth. To 20 undergraduate programs in various fields that typically attract PCM students are here for you:

  1. Mechanical Engineering
  2. Electrical Engineering
  3. Computer Science
  4. Aerospace Engineering
  5. Chemical Engineering
  6. Civil Engineering
  7. Biomedical Engineering
  8. Industrial Engineering
  9. Materials Science and Engineering
  10. Physics
  11. Applied Mathematics
  12. Data Science
  13. Computer Engineering
  14. Environmental Science
  15. Astrophysics
  16. Computational Chemistry
  17. Actuarial Science
  18. Applied Statistics
  19. Robotics
  20. Biochemistry

These programs span a range of disciplines and offer diverse career opportunities. However, it’s important to research each program thoroughly, considering factors such as curriculum, courses offered, internship and research opportunities, faculty expertise, and alumni outcomes. Remember, consulting with academic advisors or professionals in your desired field can provide valuable insights and guidance in choosing the right undergraduate program for your PCM background.

What are the different intakes in USA?

Here are the common intakes in US universities:

  1. Fall Intake: It typically begins in late August or early September. Many undergraduate and graduate programs offer admissions for the fall semester. Fall intake allows students to have a full academic year, as it aligns with the traditional academic calendar.
  2. Spring Intake: It usually starts in January or February. While the number of available programs may be relatively fewer compared to the fall intake, several universities still offer admissions for the spring semester. Spring intake can be a good option for students who missed the fall intake or want to start their studies earlier.
  3. Summer Intake: It generally starts in May or June. Some universities may offer limited program options or specific courses during the summer semester. Summer intake can be beneficial for students who wish to accelerate their studies or take advantage of specialized summer programs.

It’s important to note that not all programs or universities have intakes for each semester. Some programs may have specific intakes only, while others may have limited availability for certain intakes. It’s advisable to check the official websites of the universities or contact their admissions offices to determine the specific intake options for your desired program of study.

Which English language tests are accepted in US Universities?

The English language proficiency tests that are widely accepted by many universities in the United States are the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). These two tests are recognized by a large number of universities across the country and are commonly used as a measure of English proficiency for international students.

The TOEFL is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and is available in both internet-based (TOEFL iBT) and paper-based (TOEFL PBT) formats. It assesses the four language skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing.

IELTS also evaluates the four language skills: reading, listening, writing, and speaking. The IELTS offers both the Academic module (for university admission) and the General Training module (for immigration purposes).

These two tests have a long-established reputation and are widely recognized by universities in the United States, making them the most commonly accepted English language proficiency tests. However, it’s important to note that individual universities may have their own specific requirements and may accept other tests as well. Therefore, it is always recommended to check the admission requirements of the particular universities you are interested in to confirm which English language proficiency tests they accept.

How can I convert an academic percentage to GPA?

Converting an academic percentage to the scale of the GPA (Grade Point Average) system used in the USA involves a few steps. Please note that GPA conversion methods may vary slightly among different institutions, so it’s always a good idea to consult with the specific school or admissions office for their preferred conversion method. However, here’s a general approach to converting a percentage to the GPA scale:

  1. Understand the GPA Scale: In the USA, the GPA scale typically ranges from 0.0 to 4.0, with 4.0 being the highest achievable GPA.
  2. Obtain a Conversion Table: Some institutions or educational services provide conversion tables that correlate academic percentage ranges to equivalent GPA values. These tables can serve as a guide for conversion purposes.
  3. Determine the Percentage Range: Identify the percentage range that corresponds to your academic percentage. For example, if your academic percentage falls between 80% and 84%, you would use that range for conversion.
  4. Assign the Equivalent GPA: Use the conversion table to determine the equivalent GPA value for your percentage range. This value will represent your GPA based on the percentage you achieved.
  5. Repeat for Different Percentage Ranges: If your academic percentages vary across subjects or semesters, repeat the process for each percentage range to determine the corresponding GPA values.
  6. Calculate Weighted GPA (if applicable): In some cases, schools may calculate a weighted GPA, which takes into account the difficulty level of courses or the inclusion of honors, Advanced Placement (AP), or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses. If applicable, incorporate the weighting system used by your school to calculate the weighted GPA.

Remember, this is a general approach, and it’s important to check with the specific
institution or admissions office for their preferred method of GPA conversion. They may have specific guidelines or conversion tables to ensure accuracy and consistency in the evaluation process.

What is the eligibility for Scholarships in US universities?

Here are some general eligibility criteria for scholarships in US universities:

  1. Academic Excellence: Scholarships often require a strong academic record. This typically includes high grades, a competitive GPA, and standardized test scores (such as SAT or ACT for undergraduate scholarships, or GRE or GMAT for graduate scholarships)..
  2. Admissions: Many scholarships are tied to admission into a specific university or program. Therefore, you may need to fulfill the admission requirements and gain acceptance into the university before being considered for scholarships.
  3. Demonstrated Talent or Skill: Some scholarships are awarded based on exceptional talent or skill in a particular field, such as sports, music, arts, or leadership. Applicants may need to provide evidence of their achievements, such as awards, certificates, performances, or portfolios.
  4. Extracurricular Involvement: Active involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or leadership roles can enhance your scholarship application.
  5. Financial Need: Some scholarships are need-based and take into account the financial circumstances of the applicant or their family. Financial aid applications, such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), may be required to assess financial need.
  6. Essay or Personal Statement: Scholarships often require applicants to submit an essay or personal statement. This is an opportunity to showcase your achievements, goals, aspirations, and why you are deserving of the scholarship.
  7. Letters of Recommendation: Scholarships may require letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other individuals who can attest to your abilities, character, and potential.
  8. Citizenship or Residency: Some scholarships are open to both domestic and international students, while others may be limited to specific citizenship or residency statuses. 

It’s important to note that the specific eligibility requirements can vary greatly between scholarships. It’s recommended to thoroughly research and review the scholarship information provided by the universities or organizations offering the scholarships to understand their specific eligibility criteria and application process.

Can international students work while studying in the USA?

Yes, international students in the USA are generally allowed to work while studying, but there are some restrictions on the types of employment and the number of hours they can work.

There are two main categories of employment available to international students in the USA: on-campus employment and off-campus employment.

On-campus employment: International students with an F-1 visa are eligible to work on-campus for up to 20 hours per week while school is in session and full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the summer vacation. This can include jobs such as working in the library, cafeteria, or as a research assistant.

Off-campus employment: International students may also be eligible for off-campus employment after they have completed one full academic year in the US and have maintained their F-1 status. Off-campus employment may be authorized through the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program, which allows students to work in a field related to their major for up to 12 months after graduation. Additionally, international students may be eligible for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) during their studies if it is a required part of their academic program.

It’s important to note that international students must obtain authorization from their school’s international student office or the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before starting any employment, and failure to obtain proper authorization can result in serious consequences, including deportation.

How to study MBBS in the US?

Students have to complete the pre-med program or bachelors of sciences before applying for the MD program in the US. Students take the MCAT exam and apply to medical schools for the MD program.

What is CPT in the US?

CPT is known as Curricular Practical Training which is more like an internship during your program. CPT is a part of the curriculum and can be full time or part time based on the rules set by the colleges.

What is the duration of the architecture program in the USA?

In the USA, a bachelor’s degree in architecture can be earned in 4, 5, or 6 years. A four-year architecture degree that is not NAAB (National Architectural Accrediting Board) recognized will prevent students from working as professional architects in the USA. International students should enroll in a 5-year degree program if they want to pursue a profession as an architect in the USA. Some colleges don’t have a 5-year degree program, but they do offer a 6-year dual degree (Bachelors’s and Master’s) program that is NAAB approved. The architecture master’s program lasts two to three years.

Is It Possible To Work while Studying Abroad?

Students might work full-time on weekends and part-time throughout the week. However, the rules change from country to country. Depending on the program you have enrolled in, some countries permit you to work during your studies, and others put different restrictions on the number of hours you can work. Some countries solely permit on-campus employment while others allow students to work off-campus. Connect with our specialists to determine the best-fit country for your further studies.

Scroll to Top

Submit your details and we will reach out. Alternatively, you can reach us at +91 88260 31820

Pop Up Form
Supporting Subheading

Want to know where to start your Study Abroad Plans?

Connect with our experts for a FREE counselling session to kick-start your Study Abroad aspirations