In Australia, aspiring medical professionals can pursue their dreams by enrolling in the MBBS degree program. In the field of medicine, a professional degree is known as a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). Students who successfully complete an MBBS program and earn their degree are then eligible to work as doctors or medical professionals.
Australian institutions have a fee structure that gives Indian students appropriate practical knowledge while also being affordable. Even though some universities charge a high tuition rate, their courses typically last longer than those at other institutions. The cost of an MBBS in Australia is very affordable, and many colleges offer low cost MBBS in Australia.
For international students, MBBS in Australia costs between 63,800 and 95,754 AUD annually.
The cost of an MBBS in Australia is very affordable, and many colleges offer low cost MBBS in Australia. They also offer scholarships to students from other countries.
- Australia Award Scholarship: Scholarships are awarded in order to contribute to long-term development in collaboration with Australia’s partner countries.
- Indian students can receive funding for international housing from Lindsay MCWha at a 50 percent discount.
- 50000 to 100000 AUD in Monash International merit awards
- Notre Dame Scholarship: Need-based and merit-based awards for international students.
- The Tasmanian International Scholarship will reduce your tuition by 25%.
- 10000 AUD Sydney Achievers International Award
- International Deakin Warrnam bool Residential Scholarships: Up to 50% off of living expenses
- Deakin University International Destination Australia Scholarships: 15,000 AUD per year
- India Global Leaders Scholarship at University of Queensland: 5000–20,000 AUD
- 10000 AUD annual ANU-Study Canberra India Scholarship
- Dual Degree (BMed + MD) or MBBS: This program is designed for students who have completed their 12th grade. Mathematics, English, Chemistry, or Biology are all required subjects. The candidate should be at least 17 years old.
- MD: Students with a bachelor’s degree may apply directly for MD.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- IELTS score of at least 7 overall, with minimum band scores of 6.5 in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
- PTE: 65 Overall score (with minimums): 58 for listening, 58 for reading, 58 for speaking, and 58 for writing.
- TOEFL: 94 Minimum scores for each component of the overall score are: Writing 24, Listening 20, and Reading 19.
OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- All students must take an external test (ISAT for international students).
- Complete an interview.
- Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT): Applicants must achieve an average score of 50 in each GAMSAT section, and an average score of 125 or higher in each of the four MCAT sections.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MBBS ADMISSION IN AUSTRALIA
- Copy of 10th Certificate & mark sheets
- Copy of 12th Certificate & mark sheets
- Copy of Bachelor degree certificate (If applicable)
- Leaving Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- UCAT scorecard
- Personal statement
- Bank Statement
- Copy of passports
- Passport-size photographs
UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MBBS ARE LISTED BELOW
- University of Sydney
- University of Melbourne
- Australian National University Medical School
- University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Newcastle
- Flinders University
- Western Sydney University
- James Cook University
- Macquarie University
- The University of Queensland
- University of Western Australia
- University of Technology Sydney
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
The following are career options available in Australia after earning an MBBS:
- Hospital administrator
- Medical Officer
- Nuclear scientist
- Assistant physio
- General practitioner
Australia is known for the work opportunities offered to international students followed by the easy permanent residency application process.
Explore the working policies for international students in Australia.